This camp will give you the necessary tools to be a successful high school kicker in a great venue with 3 turf fields and plenty of room for social distancing.
Most high school coaches will admit that they know very little about the technique of kicking and punting. High School kicking specialists get placed on a field during practice and are asked to kick on their own. Lots of times they don’t know what to practice, how many balls to kick, or what to correct when they are unsuccessful.
The Summer Specialists Camp, hosted in Knoxville, TN, is a perfect way for kickers and punters to gain kicking technique and strategy for their upcoming high school season.
During this camp you will learn…
- How to kick the ball higher and farther on kickoffs
- How to become more accurate on field goals
- How to become a better and more consistent punter
- Strategies for onside kicks, directional kicks, and sky kicks
- How to do a rugby punt & the popular “Aussie Punt”
- How many kicks and punts to do during practice and before games
- How to prepare yourself mentally for kicking in front of thousands of people
When I was in high school I went to a lot of different kicking camps and was thoroughly disappointed. I expected to get coached and discovered that the camp was more about rankings. If you are a beginning kicker, you need to learn the basics first before worrying about competition.
4:00 – 4:15 Meet and Greet
4:15 – 4:30 Warm Up
4:30 – 4:45 Pre Test with Soccer Ball
4:45 – 5:15 Ball Striking
5:15 – 5:25 Water Break
5:25 – 5:30 Kicking & Punting Drills
5:30 – 5:05 Kick and Punt Charting
6:15-6:45 Coaches Demonstration
6:45-8:30 Kickers switch to Punting or Punters switch to Kicking
7:30-7:45 Warm Up
7:45-8:15 Review Kicking Drills (No Step, One Step, & Side Angle)
8:15-8:30 Water Break
9:15-9:45 Kicking Field Goals from Hashes & Directional Punts
9:45-11:00 Kicking & Punting Competitions
Wilhoit In Season Workout
8 hours of Kicking/Punting Instruction